With the aim of promoting investments, among the more than 45,000 member of CEM, encouraging foreign trade and supporting the expansion and development of strategic projects. Additionally, it puts at their disposal a range of specific financial products and services to meet their different needs. The agreement also includes a micro-credit facility to promote self-employment.
This agreement, which is renewed every year, intends to contribute to the development of actions aimed at improving the business fabric, facilitating the economic boost and supporting job creation in Malaga and its province.
Unicaja Banco has renewed its collaboration agreement with the Malaga Confederation of Business Owners (CEM, Confederación de Empresarios de Málaga). The goal of this agreement is to provide financing, on advantageous terms, to companies established in the province, setting up a financing facility of €700 million for the more than 45,000 SMEs and freelancers and 97 associations members of CEM. Additionally, Unicaja Banco puts at their disposal a range of specific financial products and services to facilitate the business activity and a micro-credit facility to promote self-employment.
The agreement, executed by the Chairman of Unicaja Banco, Manuel Azuaga, and by the President of the CEM, Javier González de Lara, reinforces the long-term existing relationship between the two institutions and aims to achieve the common goals of promoting the business fabric, facilitating the economic boost and supporting employment in Malaga and its province.
The goal is to provide financing on advantageous terms to companies established in Malaga, with the aim of promoting investments, encouraging foreign trade and supporting the expansion and development of strategic projects of Malaga province business sector.
Businesses in general and SMEs in particular continue to be one of the key groups in Unicaja Banco’s funding policy, especially in Andalusia and, in particular, in Malaga. One of the bank’s priority commercial axes is providing funding to businesses, which are a key driver to make the economy more dynamic and to stimulate job creation.
Main features of the agreement
The collaboration agreement renewed by Unicaja Banco and the CEM includes specific financial products and services under advantageous conditions aimed at meeting the needs of companies and freelancers in Malaga and its province. Additionally, the new agreement also includes a micro-credit facility to promote self-employment with small loans to business owners, entrepreneurs or professionals with viable projects. The loans will have a maximum amount of €25,000, to finance up to 90% of the presented project.
The companies belonging to the CEM may benefit from excellent conditions in services such as:
- Deposit Products; with special products such as the Fee Free Plan for Professional Firms, the Fee Free Plan for Professional Freelancers, as well as treasury management for freelancers and businesses through accounts, mutual funds or private banking.
- Financing transactions for companies: ‘Financioning’ services (Unicaja reverse factoring, real estate and furniture and equipment leasing, factoring and investment on assets via Renting), cash flow financing, funding for investment in new projects, foreign trade, ICO facilities 2019, micro-credits and the First Company Loan to promote self-employment through feasible initiatives.
- Other Products and Services for companies: channeling of subsidies and official credits, means of payment, payment of taxes, real estate, etc.
- International banking: foreign trade, financing, foreign currencies and services.
- Digital Banking: UniVia services (Unicaja Banco’s digital banking), mobile apps such as Unipay Bizum, mobility solutions and management services.
- Insurances and Pension Plans with wide coverage and benefits.
The Malaga Confederation of Business Owners (www.cem-malaga.es/) integrates SMEs and freelancers of the province, with over 45,000 registrations in the Tax on Commercial and Professional Activities (IAE, Impuesto de Actividades Económicas). Among its missions, the CEM intends to enhance the relations between financial institutions and the business fabric of Malaga, to facilitate the normal development of its activities.
Unicaja Banco maintains a close cooperation with CEM since its foundational origin, having entered into financial agreements in the previous years to facilitate access to financing to Malaga companies on preferential terms.