Additionally, Unicaja Banco puts a the disposal of the more than 150,000 freelancers and businesses based in Andalusia and members of CEA, a specific range of financial products and services under advantageous conditions for investments, to reach new markets and to facilitate their daily activities. The agreement also includes a line of micro-credits to promote self-employment.
This new agreement reinforces the long-term close relationship between both institutions, aimed at achieving the common goals of promoting the business fabric, facilitating the economic boost and supporting employment in Andalusia.
Unicaja Banco and the Andalusian Confederation of Business Owners (CEA, Confederación de Empresarios de Andalucía) have renewed today their collaboration agreement, under which the bank sets up again a funding line, on advantageous terms, for €1 billion and a specific range of financial products and services for investments, to reach new markets and to facilitate the activity of the more than 150,000 freelancers and businesses based in Andalusia and members of CEA.
The new agreement also includes a line of micro-credits to promote self-employment by grating of small loans to business owners, entrepreneurs or professionals with feasible projects. An amount of up to €25,000 to finance up to 90% of the presented project will be available.
This new collaboration agreement, signed by the Chairman of Unicaja Banco, Manuel Azuaga, and by the President of CEA, Javier González de Lara, reinforces the long-term existing relationship between the two institutions and aimed at achieving the common goals of promoting the business fabric, facilitating the economic boost and supporting employment in Andalusia.
Businesses in general and SMEs in particular continue to be one of the key groups in Unicaja Banco’s funding policy, especially in Andalusia. Therefore, one of the bank’s priority commercial axes is providing funding to businesses, which are a key driver to make the economy more dynamic and to stimulate job creation.
Main features of the agreement
The collaboration agreement renewed by Unicaja Banco and CEA includes specific financial products and services under advantageous conditions aimed at meeting the needs of companies and freelancers in Andalusia. In this sense, Unicaja Banco has set up the mentioned €1 billion line for investments, to boost foreign trade and to support the expansion and development of strategic projects of Andalusian businesses.
The renewal of the agreement brings an evolution in the products and services offered by Unicaja Banco for businesses, based on three axes: specialized service with competitive price, product range, and technology. Specifically, the companies belonging to CEA may benefit from excellent conditions in services such as:
- Deposit Products; with special products such as ‘Zero Plan for Professional Firms’, the ‘Zero Plan for Professional Freelancers’, as well as treasury management for freelancers and businesses through accounts, mutual funds or private banking.
- Financing transactions: ‘Financioning’ services (Unicaja reverse factoring, real estate and furniture and equipment leasing, factoring and investment on assets via Renting), cash flow financing, funding for investment in new projects, foreign trade, ICO lines 2018, or micro-credits and the First Company Loan to promote self-employment through feasible initiatives.
- Other Products and Services for companies: management of subsidies and official credits, means of payment, payment of taxes, real estate…
- International Transactions: foreign trade, financing, currencies and services.
- Digital Banking: UniVía (Unicaja Banco’s digital banking), mobile apps such as Unipay Bizum, mobility solutions and management services.
- Insurances and Pension Plans, with wide coverage and benefits.
CEA is a regional, confederative and inter-sectorial organization. It is composed by institutions from the eight Andalusian provinces and is part of the CEOE (Spanish Confederation of Employer’s Organizations). In particular, it is formed by more than 750 associations from all over Andalusia and includes every sector and type of business (large companies, SMEs and freelancers). Therefore, it is representative of the universe of firms in the region, with more than 150,000 members.
Unicaja Banco maintains a close cooperation with CEA since its foundational origin, having entered into financial agreements in the previous years to facilitate access to financing to Andalusian companies on preferential terms.