Unicaja Banco shows one more year its support to Escuela Familiar Agraria (EFA) Campomar, located in Roquetas de Mar (Almeria), with the renewal of a collaboration agreement to promote training and financing for new projects of farmers in Almeria province. Under the agreement, the bank provides a specific comprehensive financial service to students, alumni, teachers and staff of the vocational training center, on advantageous terms, to support their activities, especially in the context of crisis due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In this sense, Unicaja Banco wants to provide this group with access to products for financing studies and managing personal and professional projects, with special focus on young people starting as new farmers after finishing their studies.
The signing of this agreement, for the eighth consecutive year, reinforces the long-term relationship between Unicaja Banco and Escuela Familiar Agraria Campomar. It joins other collaboration agreements that the bank has entered into with the main professional and business associations of Almeria, to foster the farming sector in general, as the key driver of the economy and job creation in Almeria, and, in particular, to facilitate the economic development and vocational training the Almeria province.
The agreement has been signed by Unicaja Banco’s Regional Manager for Eastern Andalusia, Francisco Pérez, and by the Head of Escuela Familiar Agraria Campomar, Juan Miguel Ruiz.
Wide range of products and services
With the goal of improving the development of the management and activities of Escuela Agraria Campomar and of covering the training, professional and personal needs of this group, Unicaja Banco offers a wide range of products and services, on advantageous terms, including:
- Saving products, such as Teen Account and Young Account.
- Products and services such as Teen Card, Contactless Young Credit Mastercard or Fee-Free Plan for Professional Farmers.
- Financing for students: Advance of Scholarship (Anticipo Beca), Tuition Fee Loan (Préstamo Matrícula) and Préstamo Estudios.
- Financing for students and farmer ex-students, such as Intensive Cultivation Campaign Loan and Tarjeta Univerde card.
- Funding for the promotion of self-employment and micro-companies and investments for the acquisition of farm machinery and improvement of farms, as well as for the installation of drip irrigation.
- Services and products for employees of EFA Campomar, such as Fee-Free Plan and Payroll services (Payroll Advance and Payroll Loan).
Escuela Familiar Agraria Campomar (www.efacampomar.es) is a private education centre located in premises owned by Fundación Unicaja in Roquetas de Mar, and it aims at comprehensive agricultural vocational training. The close relationship of Unicaja Banco and this school responds to the bank’s interest in the promotion of training in agriculture and farming, aware of its relevance of this sector in the growth and development of the Almeria province.
Unicaja Banco continues to be one of the main financial institutions supporting agriculture in Andalusia. It has a long and complete history of support and advice to this sector, a commitment that is reflected in the ongoing adaptation of its products to the needs of farmers and businesses of the sector, with a wide range of specialized financial products and services, covering for instance intensive cultivation, arable crops, olive grove, industrial crops, vineyards or livestock crops, as well as agri-food industry and trading companies.